* Try to find a quiet, undisturbed location in your home to do your homework every day.
* Try to do your homework after school or early in the evening. This way you are energetic rather than tired.
* Keep a can filled with school supplies near your homework space. Include several sharpened pencils, an eraser, a pair of scissors, glue and coloring tools (crayons, markers or colored pencils).
* Try to work independently just like you do in school.
* Always try to do your best work!
* Have a dictionary and a thesaurus nearby.
* Always proofread your work before handing it in.
* Help your child to get organized.
* Talk with your child about homework assignments.
* Send a note to the teacher if your child is in need of re-teaching.