Objective: Children work on writing a story telling how a city got its name in unusual ways. This also reinforces their grammar skills by having them name nouns, adjectives, etc..
1. Open up INTERNET EXPLORER.
2. Go to http://www.planning.org/kidsandcommunity/
3. Students pick one of the two topics.
4. They then fill in the boxes (similar to Mad Libs).
NOTE: There is a little reminder of what a noun, verb, adjective is for kids who may have forgotten.
5. Choose create story.
6. Under the story, children should click on display print-friendly version of story.
7. Next navigate to the PRINT icon and print the story.