Task: You will write a newspaper article reporting on the California Gold Rush. You should use at least three sources for your research. After completing your final draft, you will create a newspaper layout using the Drawing application in AppleWorks.
Instructions: You will have to plan the details of your newspaper article before you begin the final layout. Use the following questions to help you organize your information for a detailed news article:
1. What is the name of the city where the newspaper is published?
2. What is the banner of your newspaper?
3. Who is the subject of your news article?
4. Where does this news event take place?
5. When did this event occur?
6. What are the details of this event?
7. How did this event occur?
8. Why is this event important enough to be called news?
After writing your news article, figure out a good title it. Don't forget to give yourself credit in a byline!
Now, you are ready to create your layout in AppleWorks.
Click on the icon with the letter : "A". This will allow you to write text on the layout. Be creative! Select different text styles and add a picture or two!