Topic: The Trip West
Go West Young Artist
*Interactive activity exploring the land forms and
sites as they were in the 1800s. Many of these sites today are
- Open Internet Explorer and click on
- Read the introduction under GO WEST YOUNG
- Click on Go West Young Artist bar at the
- Read the page to understand your role and your
destination. Then click the button at the
- You will see the art supplies page. Follow all
directions and click on every option. When you have finished click
on the time to go button.
- You will need to choose a means of
transportation. Clicking on every icon will let you know the
reasons for the best choice.
- Click on map and see the seven sites listed
under the map: Iowa, Colorado, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Sierra
Nevada, Yosemite, and San Francisco.
- You will be creating a journal in Appleworks
Drawing of your experiences as the "young artist".
- You will need to include your supplies, your
means of transportation, and give geographic descriptions of each
of the seven locations.
- For each location, you will have to take a
"snapshot" of the landscape painting using by holding down the
mouse on the picture until you see copy image.
- You will then open Appleworks Drawing and
paste the image.
- Open a text box to write your descriptions and