Topic: Moving West with Supplies in a Covered
You will draw a picture of what your covered wagon
may have looked like if you moved West in the 1800's. You will also
insert graphics of some supplies you would have taken.
- Open AppleWorks.
- Click on Painting.
- Click on the red toolbox at the bottom of your
- On the top half of your page, use the paint
tools to draw a covered wagon. Be creative! Don't forget to use
different colors and styles!
- On the bottom part of your page, insert
graphics of supplies you would want to take with you on your
- Click on file. Click on show clippings.
- Scroll through the different tabs at the
bottom of the Clippings screen to select different
- After finding a graphic you would like, double
click on it. It will appear on your drawing with a moving outline
around it. (If you accidentally clicked off of the graphic, simply
take your cursor and click on it. The dotted outline will appear
again.)Click on "Transform" at the top of the screen.
- Move down to "Resize" and let go of the mouse.
Move the square tabs at the corners of the graphic to resize your
- You can move the graphic anywhere on the page
by holding down the mouse and dragging it.
- Don't forget to write your name!
- Select the "Text" tool and then type in a
title for your creation as well as your name.