As the new school year begins, I wanted to remind you that the school district has renewed its subscription to the WorldBook Online Reference Center which also provides you and your family with free, remote access from home. This Internet-based service, which has been used successfully in our schools for many years, contains every article from the 22-volume World Book Encyclopedia print set, plus thousands more. The WorldBook Online Web site is updated regularly, integrates multimedia and Web sites into search results, and is a valuable resource for homework and research.
Some of the highlights of World Book Online include:
- Accurate, authoritative, easy-to-read World Book Encyclopedia articles.
- Related articles from major newspapers and magazines.
- Extensive multimedia enhancements, including photographs, maps, illustrations, tables, animations, and audio/video clips.
- Special Reports that broaden and deepen coverage for selected topics.
- Back in Time, a captivating chronicle of events, beginning in 1922 from the World Book Year Book, that unfolds in the distinctive voice and perspective of each year.
- Links to external Web sites specially selected by World Book editors.
Members of the Great Neck school community can access World Book Online from home using any Mac or PC with Internet access. If you do not have an Internet-connected computer at home, you may access WorldBook Online from another location, such as the public library. Follow these directions to access WorldBook Online:
I hope you find World Book Online to be a valuable resource. Thank you for your ongoing support of our Instructional Technology program.
- Launch a Web browser, such as Internet Explorer, to go online.
- Log in by going to the following Web address: http://www.worldbookonline.com
- Enter the remote ID provided in the printed letter sent to your home.
- Enter the remote Password provided in the printed letter sent to your home.
District Technology Director