Title of Course: Resource Room, Consultant Model, Grades 6 – 8
- Students identified by the Committee on Special Education.
- The ratio of students to teacher is 5 to 1.
- Students’ goals from the IEP are addressed.
Programs: Consultant Model
- 2.5 times per week student receives direct services.
- Indirect service is provided,which includes consultation with mainstream teachers.
Program: Resource Room
- 5 times per week the student receives direct services.
- IEP goals addressed through curriculum
Tit Title of Course : Individual Development class, Grades 6 – 8
- Parallel curriculum for those students who require a smaller teacher to student ratio (12:1:1)
- Specialized instruction and behavior intervention in all academic subjects.
Title of Course : Collaborative Model (Integrated), Grades 6 - 8
- Special Education students and general education students are integrated
- Integrated classes in all academic subjects
- Special Education teacher co-teaches with mainstream teacher.
- Special Education and mainstream teachers work with all students
Title of Course: EXCEL, Grades 7 - 8
- Special Education students who require a smaller teacher to student ratio (9:1:1)
- Specialized instruction with strong behavior management plan
- Counseling incorporated into the program
Title of Course: Speech and Language, Grades 6 – 8
Program: Speech and Language
- Students identified by the Committee on Special Education requiring speech and language intervention
- Articulation / Phonology
- Voice Quality
- Language Processing
- 2.5 times per week
- Student to teacher ratio, 5:1