Using Neighborhood MapMachine
- To utilize the Explore function, click on the Explore button
at the top of the Create machine.
- To move the Student Marker, click on the compass points. It
will move the Student Marker a short distance.
- To have the direction spoken each time you change direction,
select the speech option in the Preferences menu.
- The Odometer will record your mileage as you move. Clicking
the reset button will reset the Odometer.
- Buildings and objects are highlighted as you travel by them.
Clicking on a highlighted building or object will give you a
close=up view. More information can be obtained by clicking on
- Scale can be checked on the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Ruler to measure distances on the map and dragging
the Ruler cursor to an end point. A running total appears in the
- Use the information from the Scale and Ruler to estimate
distance from your current position to another location. Click the
Estimate tool and enter your estimate. Compare your estimate with
the Odometer reading.
- You can Make a Mystery, Solve a Mystery a Mystery or Create a