What is Math Olympiad?
Math Olympiad is a non-tuition enrichment program. Math Olympiad is a mathematical competition for students in grades 4-8, with an emphasis on developing children’s higher level mathematical reasoning and providing children with the opportunity to develop advanced problem-solving skills.
The program goals are:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
Students will meet on Monday mornings from 8:00 - 9:00 AM on the following dates to practice and compete in the Math Olympiad contests:
November 4, 18, 25 December 2, 9, 16 January 6, 13, 27 February 3, 10, 24 March 2, 9