Office of Technical Support Services
BYOD Wireless Network Instructions
Please follow these instructions on any personal devices that you would like to connect to the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) network. District owned equipment should never be connected to the BYOD network.
Installing a security certificate is REQUIRED for proper functioning of your device. This only needs to be done once on each device you plan to use on the BYOD wireless network. It is recommended to install the security certificate at home or on cellular data before attempting to connect to BYOD network.
Below are instructions for connecting to the network, followed by directions for installing the certificate on the most popular types of devices:
To connect to BYOD network:
1. Open WiFi settings.
2. Connect to the BYOD network.
3. Most devices will automatically open a login page in a browser. If you do not see a login page, open a browser and you should be redirected to the login page.
4. Enter your username and password.
5. Install the security certificate using the below directions if you have not already done so.
6. You will now have internet access.
7. You must log in every 14 days.
Directions for Installing the Security Certificate By Device
Safari or Chrome on Apple Computer
Chrome on Windows Computer
Edge on Windows Computer
Internet Explorer on Windows Computer
Firefox on Windows or Apple Computer
If you are getting warnings that your internet connection is not secure, the certificate is not installed properly.
If you do not have internet access, forget the BYOD network and then reconnect to it.
If you do not see the login page, forget the BYOD network and then reconnect to it.
If your iPad/iPhone is asking you to log in more than once every 14 days, click the "i" button next to the BYOD network.
Turn off "Private Wi-Fi Address".