Office of Technical Support Services
Guide to iPad Enrollment for GNPS Issued iPads
- Choose the language and country (for example, “English” and “United States”).
- Tap “Set up Manually” on the “Quick Start” screen.
- Connect to any Internet enabled WiFi network. While on the GNPS network, you should use the WiFi network named “Enroll” which is active for enrollment purposes only. Use enroll2020 as the password to connect. A WiFi network icon in the top right corner, will indicate the device is connected.
- Tap “Next” on the “Remote Management” screen that says “Great Neck Union Free Sch Dist will automatically configure your iPad”.
- Enter your GNPS username on the “Remote Management” screen. Use the username that includes your birthdate.
- Enter your GNPS password. All elementary student passwords are set to lower case student initials. All secondary passwords are set to the password used the previous school year or the last 5 digits of the student’s Campus student ID number for newly enrolled students. If your account is not working, contact your building’s Library or Technology Staff.
- Tap “Enable Location Services” on the “Location Services” screen.
- When you get to the home screen of the iPad, go into Settings > Wifi and select the appropriate GNPS-DEVICE-XXXX network if you are at school or your home WiFi connection if you are at home.
- While in Wifi settings, select the “i” next to the “Enroll” WiFi connection and choose “Forget this Network” if you enrolled the device using this network. If at home, you can skip this step.
- Tap the icon named "Hub" or “Intelligent Hub”. Tap “Allow While Using App”, “I understand”, “I agree”, and "Allow" on the following screens.
- Press the "Home" button
- Tap the “Settings” icon and choose “Sign in to your iPad”
- Enter your managed apple ID which is the same as your GNPS Google user name (example email@example.com) and tap "Next"
- Tap continue on the next page.
- Enter the same password you used in step 5.
- The enrollment process is now complete and applications and settings should begin to download to the device.