SMS Teacher Resources and Software
- Adobe Creative Cloud Software Suite - numbers to be determined by the number of users; Adobe Creative Cloud software includes Photoshop, Lightroom, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro.
- Actively Learn - allows for students to read text or view videos with teacher embedded questions. This can be used by all disciplines for synchronous or asynchronous instruction. Log in with G Suite for Education.
- There is content offered and provided by Actively Learn.
- Full-length books can be rented for class readings (advance time needed as funds will need to be allocated)
- Any teacher located or created web-based content (website, videos, etc.) can be uploaded.
- Bookcreator - we have eight shared teacher accounts that allow users to create 1,000 multimedia books and have unlimited libraries for your students. Log in with Google.
- BrainPOP - short animated videos with quizzes and teaching materials. Log in with Google.
- Castle Learning - online review of courses in math, science, social studies, english, and world language. Sign in with Google.
- Classkick - formative assessment tool that allows teachers to create lessons and assignments that students work through on their devices at their own pace. Sign in with Google.
- TestWizard from Eduware - assign tests, quizzes, and homework online. Email Damon if interested.
- Factile - one shared building account to create and run Jeopardy-like games. Email Damon for the username and password.
- Gimkit - interactive digital quiz-style games.
- Gizmos - virtual science and math online simulations.
- IXL - 6th grade math for the full school and one team for science - personalized learning via practice problems. Analytics for teachers and immediate feedback for students. Sign in with Google.
- Library Catalogs - sign in with your GNPS network username and password.
- Follett Destiny - access to search all of GNPS’s library materials, including print books, ebooks (including Sora), and many assets
- Sora - access to a dedicated search all of GNPS’s ebooks.
- ComicsPlus - SMS's new collection of comics. Look for the LibraryPass app in Manager and sign in with Google.
- Flipster - access to curricular and recreational digital magazines. Also available via an app.
- Username: gnsms /Password: @library1
- Nearpod - 32 teacher accounts, Nearpod is a student engagement platform that allows teachers to make interactive lessons using quizzes, polls, videos, images, drawing boards, games, and others. See Damon for account information.
- Padlet - paid version of the collaborative web platform in which users can upload, organize, and share content to virtual bulletin boards called "padlets." Use the hyperlink here.
- Soundzabound - royalty free music library which meets all the licensing and technology requirements needed for education (see Mr. Reader for our username and password).
- Swank - streaming videos (most content is popular films). Use the link here and log in with Google.
SMS Research Databases
- Gale in Context - contains magazines, newspapers, primary sources, and videos for students in grades 6-8.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context - contains a range of perspectives on many important issues, with over 21,000 pro/con viewpoints. Includes a variety of resource types: reference, news, primary sources, multimedia and more.
- Smithsonian Primary Sources in U.S. History - Smithsonian Primary Sources in U.S. History brings the past to life with a curated collection of images and documents directly from the Smithsonian archives and Gale’s leading digital collections. Selected to meet the rigor of U.S. History curriculum, this unique resource brings together critical and hard–to–find materials into a single experience. Primary source overviews authored by Gale contextualize the artifacts, while critical thinking questions allow for easy addition to any lesson plan.
SMS Research Tools
Noodletools - research process platform