Missed an email? Need more info? Check out the latest news about the program here.
Parent InformationParent Meeting, Tuesday, December 6, 2022We met with parents and students in the cast/crew to discuss important details for this year's musical season. In case you missed it, here's the recording from the zoom meeting: https://youtu.be/UhUpud0Yiyg The presentation packet can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eMIEGV7SyyFehPcBKKKqvBdvdjwqTqWR/view?usp=share_link
Email sent December 7:
Thank you to all that came to the meeting last night on Zoom. I think it was productive and we have a good plan in place to support the show and help make it a success. Several parents did not make it to last night's meeting, and some of you might appreciate a recap as well. The recorded meeting is posted on the NMSTC website, but if you read through this email carefully, it's the same information. So, here it goes....
As you might know, this is a self-sustaining activity. We need to raise as much revenue as possible to support the show so that we can continue to purchase scripts, backdrops, sound equipment, costumes, props, and more. 100% of what we do is dependent on acquiring and maintaining healthy funds in our account to pay for everything necessary. Below are some ways we can help make that happen:
1) Rehearsal Schedules for rehearsals are updated every other week on the NMS Theatre Company website and students are encouraged to check it the week before so they know when to attend. Not all students are required to attend every rehearsal. Please check the cast and crew schedules, which may differ from one another.
If your child needs to miss a rehearsal for any reason, an email from you, the parent, is required so we know that you know they are missing rehearsal. It’s not sufficient for them to just tell us. We really need a note or email letting us know. Your child is responsible for making up whatever they missed. Please let us know if outside obligations change from the original list you submitted with the acceptance forms.
Absences from rehearsals are NOT permitted during tech weeks (March 5-23) as stated in the contracts that you signed. This is for everyone’s safety and accountability.
Homework completion is encouraged during down time and/or before rehearsals begin. Students are encouraged to attend extra help and can then come to rehearsals with a note. School is important and we make sure students have the time they need to get their work done.
*If students are involved in sports (Winter 1) we encourage an open dialogue about the rehearsal and practice schedules and how we can best make it work. They will not be required to miss any games.
Rehearsal Times: PLEASE BE ON TIME TO PICK UP!!!
· Rehearsals generally run from 3:20-4:30 in December.
· In January into early February, they will run from 3:20-5:00 for vocal rehearsals; until 5:30 for choreography.
· After the February break, they will run longer, as late as 6pm during tech week.
Late bus schedules can be found on the NMS website, should students need to take the bus home. PLEASE BE ON TIME TO PICK UP!!!
2) Parent Involvement is a MUST! Just like your kids are invested, you are too! We need everyone to help in some way, whether it’s big or small. Here are ways you can get involved:
If you have a good relationship with local businesses in town, please ask them to place an ad in our program. You can also place ads for your own children. 100% of the money collected from ads benefits our program. In an effort to get the Playbills printed in time for the show, we have firm deadlines for submissions as follows:Who’s Who - due Thursday, 2/2 (students submit via Google Classroom)
Personal Ads - due Thursday, 2/2
Business Ads - due Thursday, 2/16
It is important that all submissions are received by these dates so that we can send it out for printing in a timely manner. Any submissions received after these dates might not appear in the program.
Bake Sales and Intermission Sales
As in year’s past, we will be hosting several bake sales here at school as well as intermission sales on the night of the performances. The next time you shop at Costco/BJs or other big box store, pick up a box of snacks or two for us to sell at a bake sale! We'd love donations! Our weekly bake sales will be on Tuesdays, so please drop off donations at the drop off desk by security and SEND ME AN EMAIL letting me know you did so. I won’t know you dropped it off unless you alert me! If it’s not too heavy, your child can deliver it to me in room 118 as well.
3) Cast and Crew Dues. Once we are closer to the show, we will hold rehearsals that run later than usual and we provide students with a pizza dinner. The dues collected will pay for the following and are due January 5th:
a) The cast/crew T-shirt
b) Dinner rehearsals (food & drinks)
c) Cast party (food & drinks)
d) Other incidentals as they arise
TOTAL COST: $40.00 (or round up to $50 to donate to our program!) (Please return with the attached form which will include the requested shirt size for the cast/crew Tshirt. *Financial assistance available.
4) DONATE WATER – I forgot to mention this last night, but during extended rehearsals and performances, we are always in need of bottled water to supply the cast/crew. We are asking all families to donate a case of water to help with this. It can be delivered at your convenience to the drop off table and just a simple alert to me letting me know it’s there is all that is needed. I’ll make sure to collect it!
5) Stage construction, scenic art, costumes, props, makeup. We often need parental support with behind the scenes preparations. Cliff Broffman and Lauren Delsignore might need help with set construction or scenic art. Meredith Kroll will be in charge of costumes, props and makeup and may ask for volunteers leading up to the evening (possibly sewing costumes, acquiring props, etc. especially during weekend rehearsals) and the night of for make up application. Thank you to the list of volunteers that have already stepped up. More are welcome to join, so once again, let me know if you’re interested.I will be in touch with more information as needed. Until then, please work on getting the dues in by January 5th. The cast/crew photo will now be Feb. 15th, which is updated on the links to the meeting packet on the website. Thank you to one of the moms for noticing the conflict with the 6th grade trip!More to come. Thank you all!Email sent Wednesday, November 30, 2022Dear Parents/Guardians,I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to welcome you to the 2023 Musical Season! I'm Danielle Larson, the producer for our musical program, which we affectionately call the NMS Theatre Company or NMSTC for short. For many of you, emails like this are familiar and I know you are excited for what this year will bring! For those new to the musical program, I can't wait for you to experience the magic that your children are about to experience while being a part of this year's cast!A bit of housekeeping to start us off:Auditions were this week and we are in the process of casting. The official cast list will be posted at dismissal on Friday. Everyone will have a part and casting is done based on what parts we think are best suited for each cast member.As you saw in the audition packet, there is a mandatory parent meeting on Tuesday, December 6th at 7:30pm. It will be on Zoom for convenience to all. We ask that you and your child please attend together. We will be sharing a wealth of information about the musical, expectations, and important dates to know. We expect the meeting to last about a half hour so please make every effort to attend.These dates and more are posted on the calendar, which is posted on the NMS Theatre Company website. Please take the time to save this calendar to your own and check it often. This calendar will also include rehearsal information once we start those in late Dec or January. https://www.