Sophomore year can be a very enjoyable and productive experience. Now that you are accustomed to Great Neck South High School and are aware of the activities the school has to offer, this may be a good year to branch out and try something new. Click here for a list of all the clubs and activities offered at Great Neck South.
Sophomore year is also a great time to volunteer in the community. Volunteer work can provide an opportunity to help others, become more involved with the community, explore possible career areas, and build upon college resumes. Click here for a resource, created by students, of local community service opportunities.
This year, you should complete the following:
- Visit your counselor regularly
- Have an individual parent meeting with your school counselor
- Take the PSAT in October and review the results with your counselor (if applicable)
- Complete the Naviance interest inventory with your counselor
- Check that you have been added to your counselor's Google Classroom. If you have not been added contact your school counselor to add you.
- Keep track of all your activities, clubs, awards, etc. on Naviance
- Create a standardized testing timeline for yourself
- Research how you will prepare for standardized tests and discuss these plans with your school counselor
- Take an SAT II in June (if applicable)
JOIN OUR SOUTH GUIDANCE VIRTUAL CALM ROOM!
Great Neck South High School Student Handbook