The Lakeville Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a non-profit organization composed of parents and staff members who together strive to create an optimum learning environment. Our mission is to work with Lakeville's faculty and staff to support educational opportunities, to enhance the lives of our students, and to encourage parental involvement in our child's school life.
PTA meetings keep the Lakeville community informed of current school concerns and developments and offers presentations on timely topics. PTA officers and calendar of events can be found on our website.
For questions/concerns/suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA dues are contributions made by Lakeville families to help the PTA provide many needed items and programs for our students. Over the years, the PTA has purchased Lakeville’s auditorium projector and screen, water filters for our water fountains, cultural art performances, musical instruments, gym equipment, iPad keyboards, STEAM indoor recess kits, computer robots, 3D printers, a rock climbing wall, lobby television and furniture, Mindfulness Loft furniture, books for the library, PPE, and so much more.
PTA dues are collected each year at Open House in September via cash or check (payable to Lakeville PTA). Online payment via Give Butter is accepted any time throughout the school year.
Volunteering with the PTA
PTA Executive Board members attend PTA meetings every 2-3 months and are responsible for organizing fundraisers and recreational activities at Lakeville. Each Spring, nomination forms are sent to parents. If anyone is interested in participating on the Executive Board or would like to nominate someone else, please fill out the nomination form and submit to PTA. The nomination committee will evaluate all candidates and nominate new PTA officers.
In addition, there are many opportunities for parents to get involved. Parents are encouraged to email us at email@example.com.
Here is a list of major fundraisers and recreational activities organized by the PTA. Every dollar raised goes towards important items and programming for our students.
- Lakeville Spirit Store: Lakeville spirit items including hoodies, t-shirts, umbrellas, and hats are available for purchase online.
- Book Fair: Thousands of books are set up and organized by genre. There is something for every reader. A teachers’ Wishlist table is set up where parents can purchase books to be donated to teachers' classrooms. Classes visit the Book Fair throughout the day. Parents are invited to join their children during the scheduled class shopping time or during a designated evening shopping time.
- Photo Day: Faculty and students take class pictures and individual portrait photos on Photo Day. The fifth grade class photo and club photos for the yearbook are also part of Photo Day. Photo packages are available for purchase through our photographer.
- Bingo Night: Families and friends are invited to join a fun night of bingo games and have a chance to win great prizes.
- Holiday Gift Shop: Lakeville students visit HGS to buy gifts for their friends and family. There are over 100 gift items to choose from and students learn to budget and spend wisely while enjoying the “joy of giving”.
- Family Game Night: Families are invited for a fun and interactive night of activities led by various teachers and vendors. Some of these may include art classes, games, circus tricks and performances.
- Cultural Pride Day: Through a schoolwide assembly featuring unique cultural performances from our own students as well as clubs from South High, our school community is united. We also take this opportunity to celebrate the Lunar New Year with crafts and a special lion parade.
- Sweetheart Dance: Families are invited to come and dance the night away. This is a wonderful community building event for both children and parents to interact and socialize with one another in an informal setting. It’s an evening event where the large gym is transformed with Valentine’s Day décor and a DJ hosts a fun dance party. Light refreshments are served.
- Staff Luncheon: To show appreciation of teachers and staff for their hard work, The PTA hosts an annual Staff Luncheon in April. Parents are welcome to contribute and volunteer at this event.
- Parent Teach-In: A week-long event taking place in May every other year, the Parent Teach-In gives parents an opportunity to “teach” a lesson of their choosing in their child’s classroom. Past lessons included ice cream making, toy design, Chinese calligraphy, and Banking 101.
- Plant Sale/Farmers Market: Plants, herbs, vegetables and flowers are available for purchase by Lakeville families to support our school. We also offer honey products at our “farm stand”. Students shop throughout the day. Families are welcome to shop on designated shopping times with their child.
- Spring Bingo Night: Families and friends are invited to join a fun night of bingo games and have a chance to win great prizes.
- School Supplies: To save money and time, the PTA offers an online portal for parents to easily purchase school supplies for the following school year. Supplies are waiting for students on the first day of school.
- Fifth Grade Events & Yearbook: To celebrate and commemorate the achievements of Lakeville graduates, Senior Dues* are collected in March. Dues include a novelty pen for yearbook signing, a Lakeville senior t-shirt, 5th grade picnic snacks, and a DJ party with all the trimmings. Hard cover bound yearbooks are available for purchase at an additional fee.
*Items & events included in senior dues are subject to change.