The Great Neck Public Schools appreciates the efforts of our local realtors in clearly communicating this important information to prospective home buyers and renters within the school district boundaries.
- When offering a property for sale or rent, no representation should be made that “school choice” will be available.
- Continuation of the GNPS Optional Attendance Zone is reviewed each year—there is no “grandfathering” of school choice for any property and no assumption should be made that the practice will continue.
- Realtors should annually review GNPS Board of Education policies and other publicly available information regarding school attendance areas and the Optional Attendance Zone as posted on the Great Neck UFSD website.
- For the 2023-2024 school year, parents/guardians of fifth-grade students who reside in the Optional Attendance Zone catchment area may choose to have their children attend North Middle School instead of South Middle School beginning in sixth grade. Older siblings who are not presently enrolled at North Middle School or North High School are not eligible.
- Fifth-grade students who opt to attend North schools will attend North Middle School through grade 8 and continue to North High School for grades 9-12, as long as they remain continuously enrolled in the Great Neck Public Schools. Guidelines for new registrants apply to students whose enrollment in the Great Neck Public Schools is not continuous.
- Those with questions may contact the Assistant Superintendent for Secondary Education at email@example.com, or the District Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.