• Office of Human Resources

    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

    How do I get a letter to verify my employment?

    Requests for letters of verification must be submitted in writing. We do not release information regarding employees over the telephone. Lenders may obtain verification of employment by submitting their written request along with the employee’s signed authorization for release of information. Please allow one to two business days of notice to complete these letters. Requests must be submitted to Human Resources by email at hr@greatneck.k12.ny.us.


    How do I get a letter to verify my salary?

    For verification of salary, a written request should be faxed to the Payroll Department at (516) 441-4925.


    I need to submit verification of my paid experience to NYSED. What do I have to do?

    Email your request to Kristin Smith, in Human Resources at ksmith@greatneck.k12.ny.us. Please allow time for the verification to be prepared. The verification will be entered online and you will receive an email when the statement is visible on your TEACH record.


    What is the deadline for submitting documentation for a salary increase due to an educational increment?

    For GNTA members, all documents for educational increments must be submitted by October 1st or February 1st. Please note that for an October 1st submission, all activity must have been completed by September 1st.

    Official transcripts, certificates of completion, or proof that non-matriculated graduate credits are part of a degree-granting program should be mailed to:

    Human Resources
    Attn: Elizabeth Malone
    345 Lakeville Road
    Great Neck, NY 11020

    For OSA members, the deadline for submitting through My Learning Plan is February 1st or July 1st (and September 1st for 10-month personnel).

    Note: Members who start in this unit on or after July 1, 2016 will not be eligible to receive payment for educational increments until they have completed Step 10.

    For teaching assistants, the deadline for submitting through My Learning Plan is September 1st or February 1st.

    If you have any questions, please email Elizabeth (Liz) Malone at emalone@greatneck.k12.ny.us. Due to high volume, please reach out to Liz well in advance of the deadlines.


    Who do I contact regarding a leave of absence?

    Certificated Staff (NYSED) – Kristin M. Smith – ksmith@greatneck.k12.ny.us
    Non-Certificated Staff (Civil Service) – Leah Cappuccio – lcappuccio@greatneck.k12.ny.us


    As an employee, how do I update the phone numbers used by the ParentLink system to contact me with notifications?

    Please complete a Change of Employee Information Form (also available from the Staff Forms section of the website) and submit to Human Resources via interoffice mail. All employees are asked to provide their cell phone number in order for the district to contact you in the event of an emergency.


    How do I view and apply for current job openings?

    Most vacancies (other than Civil Service competitive positions) are listed and applied for on OLAS. Applications and resumes are carefully reviewed by administrators and those candidates whose qualifications are commensurate with the district’s needs will be contacted for an interview. Human Resources is notified when a candidate has been selected. Selected candidates should contact Human Resources to make an appointment for processing.


    What qualifications are necessary to be a substitute teacher?

    Substitute teachers should hold valid New York State teaching certification. If you are interested in working for the district, please apply online using OLAS.


    Who do I contact if I am having trouble with the Frontline Absence Management System (also known as Aesop)?

    Please email Kristin Smith at ksmith@greatneck.k12.ny.us with an explanation of your situation. If you have questions or issues regarding a specific job, please provide the date of the job, the teacher who will be out, and, if possible, the job’s confirmation number.


    How do I obtain my W-2? Who can assist me if I have any questions?

    You can access your W-2 by logging into WinCapWeb using your Great Neck email and password. If you are having trouble logging on, don’t have access to WinCapWeb, or have any other questions, please contact the Payroll Department at (516) 441-4025.

  • New GNPS Logo with star in center