Office of Special Education and Pupil Services
Erica D. Samedy
District-Wide Transition Coordinator
Pupil Personel Services
105 Clover Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
The district-wide transition coordinator will assist families, parents, and students to access transition services. Services include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate referrals to New York State government agencies.
- Promote understanding of laws, eligibility requirements, and availability services.
- Assist students/families in understanding the system and accessing services.
- Attend/participate in team and IEP meetings.
- Identify transition services provided by community agencies.
- Identify and refer students for vocational assessment within the school and vocational centers.
- Serve as a liaison between Nassau, BOCES Barry Tech. and special educational teachers to monitor student progress.
- Examine/identify postsecondary training and education options.
- Assist in planning and placement decisions.
- Coordinate school and community work-based learning opportunities.
- Implement job support services for work adjustment and success.
Shared Post-Secondary Program Documents
Post-Secondary Programs for Students Receiving CDOS and SACC Credentials
Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR)
Guide To Transition Services
Application For VR Services
Important Eligibility Facts
Front Door Access To Services
Medicaid Service Coordinator List
OPWDD -- Consent for Screening
School Transition Parent Letter
Nassau County, Office of Mental Health
Single Point of Access (SPOA) Children’s Additional Support Services
Children’s Intensive Mental Health Services
Able Ride Application
Able Ride Riders Guide