Below you will find links that will provide you with information regarding conferences in each of the disciplines. Money has been set aside for both day and overnight conferences. Please speak to your BCG representative if you have any questions about conference guidelines. Please remember that all conference applications must be submitted through My Learning Plan. If you need further clarification, please read the MLP handout that the district has put together. A great FAQ for MLP was created by the BCG at South High.
Pre Conference Procedure:
- All conferences MUST be submitted via My Learning Plan. If you have yet to log on, your username is your complete email address (email@example.com ) and the password is “changeme.” Please make sure that you fill the form out carefully. Remember, you MUST choose "BCG Funded Conference" while filling out the form, even if there is no cost to your conference. If you do not, the application will not go through the proper channels. If any mistakes are made, it will be bounced back from Phipps.
- You should make sure that you apply for a conference at least 14 WORK DAYS prior to the date of the conference. Remember, the BCG only meets once a week. If you submit a request late and there are problems with your application, you run the risk of missing the conference.
- If a mistake is discovered in your application after you have already submitted it, you will have to go back, delete your application, and resubmit it with the correct information.
- Being approved for a conference by the BCG is only the first step in the process. Once approval has been given, responsibility then falls on YOU as the requestor. It is up to you to pay attention to the rest of the process. Please make sure to check in to MLP to make sure there are no hiccups. If there is an issue, and you end up going to a conference that you were not fully approved for, you will NOT be reimbursed for the cost of the conference.
Post Conference Procedure:
- A complete conference report must be filed electronically through My Learning Plan.
- There are two forms that must be filled out in order to get reimbursed: 1) the Conference Claim form (which now requires the principal's signature, and 2) the Trip Expense form. These two forms, along with receipts, credit card statements, etc, must be sent to THERESA PETRUCCI in Accounting. You will now be able to print both forms directly from MLP. After your conference, when you go back into MLP to do your conference report and mark complete steps, there will be two more links you can select. One link will be for printing out a claim form (REQUIRED for all reimbursements); the other will be a link for printing the trip expense report (REQUIRED whenever there is more than just a registration fee to be reimbursed).
- You have 90 DAYS after you go on your conference to submit all of the paperwork necessary to get reimbursed. If you exceed this time period, a letter must be sent to the Superintendent detailing why the paperwork was late.
A few important notes:
- Effective JANUARY 1, 2019, the mileage rate is $.58/mile.
- Meals will only be reimbursed for meetings/workshops/conferences/etc that include an overnight stay.
- If you attend an overnight conference please make sure to save ALL receipts pertaining to meals, transportation, etc.
- Mileage reimbursement will be calculated as follows:
- Round trip from home to meeting/workshops/conference
- Round trip from home to school/office
- Procedurally, the employee will need to MapQuest both scenarios to calculate mileage when submitting a request for approval to attend. Both MapQuests will then need to be attached to the subsequent claim.
- Any conference money that is not encumbered as of May 1 of the current school year will be taken back by the district and put towards summer scholarships.