Summer Hours 2018
Monday, 8/20 - 9AM - 12:30PM
Tuesday, 8/21 - 9:30AM - 12:30PM
Wednesday, 8/22 - 9AM - 1PM
Thursday, 8/23 - 9:30AM - 12:30PM
Monday, 8/27 - 9AM - 12:30PM
Tuesday, 8/28 - 9AM - 12:30PM
Wednesday, 8/29 - 9AM - 12:30PMYou can't educate a child who isn't healthy and you can't keep a child healthy who isn't educated. - M. Jocelyn Elders
#####RETURN TO WEBSITE PERIODICALLY AS THERE WILL BE CHANGES#####
Starting September 1, 2016 students entering 7th and 12th grades will be required to have received an adequate dose or doses of the MCV4 meningococcal vaccine. Click on Immunization Requirements tab on the left for more information.
CVS is cutting the price on a generic version of a competitor of the EpiPen allergy treatment. Click here for more information about the EpiPen price reduction.The Nurse’s Office is concerned with the overall health and well-being of the student and how his/her health impacts the educational process. EACH YEAR please complete and submit the form called “Confidential Health Concerns”(Form #109). It is important for the parent or guardian to keep the nurse informed of any health concerns. All information will be treated with sensitivity and confidentiality. For matters of an urgent nature that need immediate nursing attention please contact the nurse via telephone rather than by email.New York State law requires ALL 10th grade students and new entrants to have a physical examination on file which shall not be more than twelve months prior to the commencement of the school year in which the examination is requested. The health certificate (102 Physical Exam/ A Form) shall be submitted within thirty days after the student’s entrance. Additionally, each student is requested to furnish a dental certificate (Form #105).
As per New York State Regulations, mandated screenings of scoliosis, vision and hearing will be done by the nurse at the appropriate time unless a current notation from the physician is on file. Scoliosis is required to be done at the 9th grade level in high school. Hearing and vision is done at time of entry to the district and for all 10th grade students. Parents/guardians will be notified in writing of any deficits or concerns that are noted during the screenings.
- A medical note is to be submitted to the Nurse’s Office for any illness, injury or medical condition that affects the student’s ability to attend school or safely participate in physical education or sports. A medical current note is necessary to reinstate the student to full activity.
- Accidents and injuries on the school grounds are reported to the teacher/staff member in charge of the activity and to the nurse who will administer first aid and advise as to further follow up.
- Elevator keys are provided for medical reasons. Please be advised that keys lost or not returned will incur a $5.00 fee.
Please consider the following when deciding whether or not to send your child to school:
- Can your child be attentive and learn with his/her current symptoms?
- Will your child’s symptoms affect other students and staff?