Winter 2018-19 Athletic Start Dates
Winter Sports Information:
- All Students need a valid A Form (Doctors Physical) on file with the school nurse.
- New B Forms (Health Update and Parental Permission) are required for each new season.
All Forms can be scanned and email to the nurse at:
Here is the link for A and B Forms:
-A and B Form are currently being accepted. Due date is November 1st to ensure clearance on the first day of try outs.
Here are the December Vacations Dates for all teams:- https://www.greatneck.k12.ny.us/domain/2215
- Boys Basketball- 5- 7 PM on November 13th in the Big Gym.
Coach- Pete Linderman- email@example.com
- Girls Basketball- 3- 5 PM on November 13th in the Big Gym
Coach Erik Connolly- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive Cheer- 4-6 PM in Room 2 on November 13th.
Coach Stefanie Loewenthal- email@example.com
- Wrestling- 3:30-5:30 on November 7th in the Wrestling Room.
Coach Ed Proctor- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fencing- 3:15-5:15 on November 7th in the Small Gym.
Coach Michael Calderaro- email@example.com
- Winter Track- 3:15 on November 13th in the Commons.
Boy Coach- Adam McKenzie- firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Coach- Joe Bonvicino- email@example.com
- Gymnastics- 3:00 on November 13th in the Small Gym.
Coach Mariuca Ganz- firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Lauren Mock- email@example.com
- Swimming- North Middle School Pool. November 13th at 3:30 PM.
Coach Savannah Ahern- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys and Girls Bowling- November 13th.
Bowling is held Monday-Thursday ONLY.
Bus departs to Herrill Lanes at 3:15 and returns at 6 PM.
Coach James Bailin- email@example.com
Spring 2019 Athletic Start Dates
Monday March 4, 2019
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Badminton Girls
Monday March 18, 2019
Boys JV and Varsity Tennis
Holy Days of Observance 2018-19
No Contest or interschool scrimmage may be scheduled in Section VIII by a member school on the following dates:
*Monday and Tuesday, September 10 & 11- Rosh Hashana
*Wednesday, September 19, 2018- Yom Kippur
Monday and Tuesday, December 24 & 25th- Christmas Eve/Day
Friday April 19, 2019- Good Friday
*Saturday April 20 2019- First Day of Passover
Sunday April 21 2019- Easter Sunday
* Indicates student- athletes must be able to be home by 6:00 pm on the day preceding this date
Anticipated Testing Days 2018-19
September 8, 2018
October 27. 2018
December 8. 2018
February 9, 2019
April 13, 2019
June 8, 2019
SAT Test Date
October 6, 2018
November, 3, 2018
December 2, 2018
May 4, 2019
June 1, 2019
Significant Days 2018 - 19
September 3 - Labor Day
September 11- Patriot Day
October 8- Columbus Day
November 6- Election Day
November 11- Veterans Day
November 22- Thanksgiving Day
January 21- Martin Luther King Day
February 18- Presidents Day
May 27- Memorial Day