Relay for Life
Every year South Middle School supports the American Cancer Society through their Art Beating Cancer program in conjunction with the Relay For Life of Great Neck. Relay For Life is the national signature event of the American Cancer Society that celebrates the lives of those who have battled cancer, remembers those lost, and empowers individuals to fight back against the disease.
Over the course of the year the South Middle community takes part in numerous activities to raise funds for Relay for Life in the name of ending the scourge of cancer once and for all. Below you will find a list of this year's activities.
This year's Field Day will take place on Tuesday, June 19.
Fundraising Events, 2018-19
- Relay Field Day Dunk Tank
- Homemade lip balm sale
- Luminary Bags
- Car Wash
- Bake, Take, Donate (SMS Faculty meeting)
- Comedy Night at Governors
- Feet, Moon, Star sales
- Paint 4 a Cause
- Teacher Talent Show
- Yoga for Life staff event
- Basketball 3v3 Tournament
- Badminton Doubles Tournament
- Brasserie Americana dining give back
- Valentine's day Chorus Bake Sale
- Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza dining give back
- Applebees Flapjack Fundraiser
- Dip for a Dollar
- Bow Tie sales
- Hair extension sales