Welcome to the Parkville School Library
Mrs. Kelly Mekeel, Library Media Specialist & Mrs. Elizabeth Natter, Library TA
- The goal of the Parkville Library Media Center is to promote literacy and a lifelong love of reading among all students.
- In the library students learn about: proper book care, concepts of print, authors & illustrators, and various genres of literature including: biographies, fiction, nonfiction, folktales, fairytales, and poetry.
- Information literacy skills and technology integration are essential parts of the library curriculum.
- Throughout the school year students are exposed to a variety of interactive technologies in addition to cultivating their love of reading.
- Students utilize educational websites, computer programs, iPads, and STEAM materials that support the library and classroom curricula.
If you are a dreamer
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a trier
A hoper, a prayer, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender
Come sit by my fire.
For we have some bright golden tales to spin...