Our World Languages Department aims to provide an immersive language and cultural experience for our students. In order to build global citizens, we seek to continuously enrich our student experiences in language learning through:
- Infusing 21st century skills and best teaching practices to further enhance their interaction with a second or even a third language
- Building cultural fluency by exposure to authentic and relevant resources both inside and outside of the classroom
- Providing a student-centered learning environment that recognizes diversity and encourages self-motivation and interest
- Ensuring we fulfill our students’ diverse learning needs
- Delving into the language culturally, linguistically and grammatically
- Regularly revising and updating our curriculum as it pertains to the Standards for Foreign Language Learning established by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
We look forward to being part of your child’s language journey!
English as a New Language
Our mission for English as a New Language (ENL) students at Great Neck North Middle School is to be mindful of the unique cultures and experiences that each student contributes to our school community. While celebrating this diversity, our goal is to also incorporate and provide an engaging, immersive and inclusive English language experience for their success in English.
We understand that each child's journey is distinct, and that is why we are able to provide a learning experience tailored to your child's English language acquisition and literacy development. This is done through our individualized program where students receive ENL support and services to promote their success.
We are excited to welcome you and your child to our NMS ENL Family!
Hanna Bokhour - Hebrew, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Hartofilis- Latin, email@example.com
Krisann Johnson- French/Spanish, firstname.lastname@example.org
Miri Kessar - Hebrew, email@example.com
Tanya Montero - Spanish, firstname.lastname@example.org
Franshuas Rodriguez - Spanish, email@example.com
Joanna Ryder - ENL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron Silva - ENL, email@example.com
Valerie Szuster - Spanish/ ENL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Iris Walsh - Spanish, email@example.com Department Chair
Lin Wang - Chinese, firstname.lastname@example.org