- Guidance Homepage
- Intervention Resources
- Course Catalog
- Student & Parent Information
- College Resources
- Standardized Testing Resources
- Jobs, Internships & Volunteer Opportunities
- Students with Special Needs Resources
Location: Bennington, Vermont
Campus Setting: small town
Standardized Test: SAT: CR 610-740 M 530-650 ACT: 26-30
Student/Faculty ratio: 9:1 Average class size: 13
Cost: $47,590 tuition
Strongest Academic Programs:
- Visual Arts
- Dance, Sciences
- Each student designs a major, including a seven week internship each January and February in a field of interest and a location of the student’s choice.
- Most popular area of study is visual and performing arts, followed by English, social sciences, foreign languages, and liberal arts.
- Students are politically motivated and green/environmental issues are the area that students are most concerned about.
- “Dorms” consist of 12 white, New England clapboard homes and 3 more modern homes and all are co-ed.
- Women outnumber the men two to one.
- Social life centers on rehearsals, performances, films and lectures.
- The overall vibe on the campus is liberal, sophisticated, and cosmopolitan.
You may be interested in Bennington if you are considering: Hampshire College, Bard, Sarah Lawrence, University of Vermont, Lewis and Clark, Marlboro
Worth Noting/Fun Facts:
- The campus was once a dairy farm, and a converted barn houses the main classroom and administrative spaces.
- There’s a tree house on campus!
- Milk and cookies are served at every meal.
- A 14,000-squre-foot student center offers students a snack bar, grill, convenient store, and multi-purpose spaces.
- Twice each year, the college turns part of its huge Visual and Performing Arts complex into an indoor roller rink for a Rollerama party.
References: Bennington's website, Fiske Guide to Colleges, Unigo